SPARK is a diverse and engaged group of young professionals (21-40 years old) who are committed to serving the youth in the Edgewood community in Washington DC.
SPARK stands for Sparking Possibilities of Achievement through Relationships and Knowledge.
Will you be a SPARK for the youth of Beacon House?
WHAT WE DO:
Network, have fun, and make new friends
• Get to know Beacon House and fellow SPARK members
• Meet leaders of Beacon House to learn more about its programs.
• Attend happenings at Beacon House, such as Beacon House Homecoming, Athletics Banquet, Thanksgiving Dinner, Donor Appreciation Days, student showcases, etc.
• Join/Attend SPARK hosted activities, such as a Softball League, Bowling, Happy Hours, etc.
Coordinate programming to benefit Beacon House students and alumni
• Volunteer at Beacon House: Coach or Tutor
• Coordinate and/or Host Career Information sessions with entrepreneurs and young professionals in interesting careers
• Host a gathering for Beacon House alumni when they come home from college
• Connect with a freshman who may need a friend or mentor to help get them through college
Help with fundraising efforts for Beacon House
• Participate in fundraising efforts – Do More 24, #GivingTuesday, etc
• Help secure corporate-sponsored volunteer days
• Help raise funds to “Light the Tree” at Beacon House during the holidays. Host your own fundraiser, such as a dress down jean day at your office to benefit Beacon House, etc.
*NOTE: The above list provides suggestions for involvement. Specific information on involvement will follow upon joining.
HOW TO JOIN:
Go to beaconhousedc.org/give and select “Be a SPARK”
$50 Member: Membership in SPARK. You’ll receive communication and notice of activities
$100 Rising Star: Membership and one swag item
$250 MVP: All the benefits of Rising Star and an additional swag item
$500 Hall of Fame: All benefits from previous tiers. Opportunity to be profiled in communication media.
• All Members have the opportunity to serve on the YPG Steering Committee in needed roles – such as Communications Officer, Membership Officer, Social Officer, etc.
• Rising Stars, MVPs, and Hall of Fame members receive special acknowledgement during the annual meeting at Beacon House as well as other special recognition.